Hello respective club leads/FSAs of your university!
Done making a Firefox Club ??Now don’t know how to proceed with the events and all the tough jobs?Well its easy as 1+1 once you get to know about this(organizing an event).Now I am helping you with the core points you should work out while organizing an event:
1. At first talk to your :
CSE/CS/IT(or similar) respected heads/any other respected faculty who conducts such events
President of your university’s IT related club
Tell them about Mozilla,it’s mission,what kind of events are taking place at other universities by Mozilla local community,how your university students can be helped or earn knowledge by attending such events.
Only if they agree move on to the second step 😀
2.Plan what type of event you want to do,
- Intro to Mozilla & Contributions
- Firefox OS apps day
- WoMoz Event
- Or any other event you think will be fruitful to get more contributors! 🙂
Let ReMos/RMAs know about the event you are planning…!
3.Ask for proposal letters in the community list/contact ReMos (it is official work)
Note.1: Try to fix a date for the event after at least 6 weeks from the confirmation of your proposal. In that way ReMos can ensure your event with swags and a plenty of time to plan the event in details
Note.2:When hosting an event, create a Facebook event page and invite your friends within the Firefox Club and your friends at school. Please attach all Facebook event pages to your Firefox Club wiki page so that we know of all the great work you are doing! Also, feel free to advertise out your events on the main Firefox Student Ambassadors Facebook page.
4.During the event,make sure everyone gets
- And,Take lots of photos(serious ones,funny ones,people taking session,making something,talking,discussing,asking – EVERYTHING!! :D)
When you are done with the event successfully do :
- Upload photos with the specific hash-tag mentioned in the reps portal made by the planning team
Stuffs for your event:
Toolkit – Stuffs that will help you to make your event colorful,informative and successful 🙂 !!
For planning physically before your 1st event, show other FSAs this slide(edit for your university!)
and don’t forget to take snaps after every meeting LIKE US :
If you think you are till now not able to be called a group of 10 people who can help in the event please get some more by giving them the sign up link of FSA:
For those who are still of few numbers,
How can I recruit new members for my Firefox Club?
There are many ways you can recruit new members to your Club! Please see below for some ideas, but be sure and check with your university’s rules before proceeding:
- Register your Club as an official organization on campus
- Advertise your club through official school channels
- Participate in official club and activity fairs
- Give a talk on Firefox or Firefox OS to a group or class on campus
- Partner with other technology organizations or departments for an event
- Advertise your Firefox Club over social media channels.
Thank you all for showing interest to arrange an FSA event at your University,Best of luck from me,
- MozCoffee @Dhaka (tanhaislam.wordpress.com)
- Woman in Mozilla (thedailystar.net)
- Software Freedom Day 2013 @BRAC University,Dhaka,Bangladesh (tanhaislam.wordpress.com)
- NSU FSA Meet Up(Intro) (tanhaislam.wordpress.com)
- Maker Party 2013 @ Maple Leaf,Dhaka,Bangladesh (tanhaislam.wordpress.com)